What This Policy Covers
What Information We Collect
The HKI web site collects personal information from you that you voluntarily provide whenever you make a request for information over the web site, send an email to HKI, or complete one of our online forms on the site. The types of personal information collected include, but may not be limited to, your name, your employer's name, email and U.S. mail addresses, office and home telephone and fax numbers, credit card number and other information that you elect to provide. HKI also collects technical information such as your Internet Protocol ("IP") address and your domain name. HKI may share this data with their respective affiliates. HKI may also share information with:
- Service providers acting on HKI behalf to assist in operating this website.
- Affiliated golf courses or clubs at your request.
- See the opt-out section below if you would like to request HKI not share your information with certain unaffiliated third parties
How We Collect Information
As mentioned above, when you visit the HKI web site, the site collects certain technical information such as your IP address and domain name. Through the forms you voluntarily complete and emails you send us, we also collect personal and company information as described above. If you choose to disclose your email address through any request for information or other correspondence, we may use it to periodically send you information about our company or other topics of interest. If you would prefer not to receive such information, you can choose to opt out of this service at any time by following the procedure described in the opt-out section below.
California Residents - Your California Privacy Rights
If you reside in California, you have the right to ask us one time each year if we have shared personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please contact us as described in the How to Contact Us section below. Indicate in your email or letter that you are a California resident making a “California Shine the Light” inquiry.
California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018. Effective January 1, 2020, if you reside in California, then you have the following rights: You have the right to opt-out of HKI’s sale of your personal information. You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information. You have the right to request us to disclose to you the following, no more than twice in a 12-month period:
- Categories of personal information we collected about you during the preceding 12 months.
- Categories of sources from which we collected the personal information during the preceding 12 months.
- Business or commercial purpose for collecting or your personal information during the preceding 12 months.
- Categories of third parties with whom we share the personal information during the preceding 12 months.
- Specific pieces of personal information we collected about you during the preceding 12 months.
You have the right to request us to disclose to you the following, no more than twice in a 12-month period:
- Categories of personal information we collected about you during the preceding 12 months
- Categories of personal information we have sold and categories of third parties to whom the information was sold during the preceding 12 months
- Categories of personal information we disclosed about you for a business purpose during the preceding 12 months.
We collect the following categories of personal information: Identifiers; personal information; characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law; commercial information; professional or employment-related information, electronic network activity information; geolocation data; audio, electronic or visual information.
We disclose the following categories of personal information for a business purpose: Identifiers; personal information; commercial information; professional or employment-related information; electronic network activity information; geolocation data; audio, electronic or visual information.
How Your Information Is Protected
HKI takes steps that it believes to be reasonable and consistent with customary business practice to protect the information under our control from loss, misuse and alteration.
To opt-out of receiving future communications from hkiamerica.com or to request HKI not share your information with certain unaffiliated third parties, just send an email to [email protected]. Please note that HKI may still share your information with its affiliates and with service providers.
Sale of HKI
If HKI sells all or part of its business or makes a sale or transfer of assets or is otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, HKI may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of that transaction.
Changes To Policy
How To Contact Us
If you wish to contact us to update your information, please feel free to contact us by email at [email protected].
Effective January 1, 2020, if you wish to contact us to submit a request under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, please feel free to contact us by email at [email protected].
You may also write to us at the following address:
HKI AMERICA, Inc.
11480 South Street, Suite 210 Cerritos, CA 90703